Assamese department is one of the most prior department of Dhamdhama Anchalik College.At present, there are five faculty members in this department. This department has been working relentlessly for the welfare of the students in the beginning. Assamese as a subject is opened,when college is incepted in 1989. But relevant permission to start the Major classes was received by Gauhati University in 2007.
Our main aim is to establish a satisfactory place of Assamese language and literature in the globalised scenario. We started our department with a few students and with the tireless efforts of everyone we are able to reach thousands of students .
Now with the aim of making each and every student a better learner and a responsible citizen; along with the regular classes, we provide extra tutorial classes,organise group study group work etc. Along with this,under the guidance of departmental teachers, a hand written magazine "BALICHANDA",a wall magazine "BIPONCHI" is being published annually.Besides all this,Assamese department has been organising departmental seminars,poem recitation programme,book review programme etc.To encourage the students we created 'Students Welfare Unit' and 'Literary Forum' to enrich their intellectuality and creativity.
Our departmental priority is to make real human resources by improving the understanding knowledge and skills so that every students will shine by their linguistic and socio-cultural responsibilities.
• To introduce the students about the rich heritage of Assamese language , literature and culture .
• Popularization of Assamese language , literature and culture .
• To highlight Assamese culture and its social practices .
• Environising satisfactory place of Assamese language and literature in the globalised scenario .
• To create an educational environment in which students can attain a variety of goals.